- The Sisters of the Congregation of Jesus & Mary are serving in India since 1842
- They committed themselves to the promotion of a more just and humane society in our country.
- The inspiration provided by their Foundress, Claudine Thevenet, since 1818, continues to strengthen their commitment
- Their belief is that in the India of today, the pressures of communalism, poverty and exploitative structures make it imperative to equip their students with not only intellectual skills, but also with a set of attitudes imbued with social, moral and spiritual values.
- Their commitment to this kind of education is made in order to serve specifically the young and among them the poor.
- Theyalso seek to make them conscious of their rights, and struggle with them in the face of ongoing oppression and exploitation.
- They invite Collaborators, Students & Parents to work with them in realizing their challenging vision of bringing about a new India.